Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Deadly Duo

Steve & I are The Deadly Duo. Sort of like superheroes in reverse. We feed off each others' visions, both feel the need to make things right -- right being the way we think they should be. And it all creates more work.

Heaving rocks, mind drifting, he would kill me if he knew what I was thinking (so I dare not say it out loud), because then it would become part of his vision, and already, without lifting a finger, it would become another project in his eyes, and he wouldn't rest until it became reality.

....I don't see myself scrambling up this dock in 10 years. He's still enjoying hauling the boat around, but I'd be happier if we didn't have to, and it's only mid-summer. Ditto planning lunch, getting ice, blah, blah. Love the island, but I'd rather have a more permanant situation where we can live all summer, and not need a boat to get to work. But he's tired of paying all those land taxes. There's a property with two little summer cabins on the lake for sale. Maybe we could rent one in summer just to make up the tax money. Look at the pix. Good location, but (here's the kicker) they need work!

OMG! Please let me shut my mouth! At least until November, when prices will be lower...

1 comment:

  1. Once a real estate mavin, always a real estate mavin. BITE YOUR TONGUE!

    ReplyDelete